Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration for your (hereinafter, “Participant”) participation in any events hosted by Charlotte Lacrosse Club (CLC) and for being granted permission the Participant, who is 18 years or older agrees:
1. To inspect the facilities provided by CLC, and if Participant believes anything to be unsafe, the Participant will immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate or will assume the full risk of accident or injury, irrespective of the severity, from Participant’s participation.
2. That (a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in CLC Summer League, which could result in bodily injury including, but not limited to, partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death; (b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers, as described above, could be severe; (c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the Participant, or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, CLC and/or its affiliates (those that volunteer), (d) There may be other risks not known or that are not reasonably foreseeable.
3. To accept and assume all risks and responsibilities listed in paragraphs 1 and 2, including losses and/or damages resulting from injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused, and whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence of CLC and/or the Released Parties.
4. TO HEREBY, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND/OR ASSERT ANY CLAIMS AGAINST CLC and/or THE RELEASED PARTIES. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PARTICIPANT, CLC AND/OR THE RELEASED PARTIES.
5. To acknowledge that THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. I expressly acknowledge and waive, to the full extent permitted by law, any liability from INJURIES RECEIVED that are COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES taken by CLC AND/OR THE RELEASED PARTIES.
6. That this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State in which the event and activities are conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.
CLC Photo / Video / Audio Consent Form
I, the undersigned, consent to the use, and give permission to Charlotte Lacrosse Club (CLC) of my participation and appearance including, but not limited to, my image, voice, performances, stories, actions or statements, in video recording(s), audio recording(s), audiovisual recording(s), photograph(s).